Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Graduation weekend

Last weekend my neice graduated from high school. I don't even know how that's possible!! She was just a baby last week...where does the time go?


We drove to Houston on Friday after the kids got out of school (it was their last day and they got out early - very early). We decided to take the dog with us on this trip. She traveled like a champ, but who wouldn't with her plush accomodations?





I thought I was going to have to make Wyatt sit in the floor. I wasn't sure there was room for both of them in that seat and Daisy was being awfully good.


The graduation was on Saturday. I would show pictures but they're on my other camera (the one I got for Mother's Day. The one I'm not allowed to use.) Maybe I can get Dax to download them for me. :0)

Then Katie had her party on Sunday. Now that she's older I decided that she was ready to have a family heirloom passed on to her. Doesn't she look so happy and touched to receive it?





It's a candle, and that lovely candle has been a prized posession for many different people in our family through the years. It's truly cherished.

Okay, maybe heirloom is too strong a word. As are prized posession, and cherished. It's really an old Christmas candle that melted in the attic and now has a funky new shape. We really have passed it around for at least the last 15 years and the one with posession usually can't wait to get rid of it.

No comments: