Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Vacation Day Four

Today has been a good day too. We were able to get up at a leisurely pace and not have to rush everywhere. That makes it so much better.

We drove to Canon City to ride the train at Royal Gorge. It's along the Arkansas River and it was beautiful. It reminded me a lot of the train ride that Dax & I took last year in Alaska (only there was no snow this time.)





After the train ride Dax & the kids went on the Royal Gorge Bridge which is over 1000 feet high. I stayed in the car and read, did some needlework, and napped a little. There's no way I'm getting on a bridge that high!! I think they're just nuts! As you can see, the weather took an ugly turn after we got off the train. I wish it could have been clearer and not so cool for their adventure on the bridge, the cable car, and the incline car.




After they were all done with that we got back on the road and headed to Denver. We're staying at the Marriott here tonight too. We've been trying to eat at local places and not franchises but tonight we gave in and ate at Wendy's. It's near the hotel, it's late, and it was in walking distance. Anyway, it's time to get to bed because we've got a lot of activities to fit in tomorrow.

1 comment:

Crazymamaof6 said...

what a fun train ride!and cool trip!

i could NOT IMAGINE quads!
I BOW DOWN TO YOU!
thanks for stopping by and commenting! !