Friday, February 5, 2010

That was a close one!

Last night the dog was prancing around at the door wanting to go out.


Ha! I say 'The' dog like it could only be one dog and I don't live in a zoo.


It was this dog, Daisy.


(Even though she looks possessed in this picture, she's really not.)

Sorry, back to the story.


So, I let her outside and she immediately took off around the side of the house barking at something.


When the other dogs heard her barking, they all wanted outside too. So one of the kids opened the door to let them out and was smacked in the face with the smell of skunk!


I didn't want to even let the dogs back into the house because I was scared that Daisy had gotten close enough to be within firing range when she took off barking.


So I made the kids do it.


Luckily, she had not been sprayed and all was good. But, that was just a little too close for comfort. I'll be checking before I let her outside at night until the skunk mating season is over.

1 comment:

Four babies 4 us said...

Funny!!!
I'm soooooo glad the dog didn't get skunked. We moms have enough to do without having to attempt to de-stink a family pet!