Wednesday, January 7, 2009

How in the world does this happen?

Addison comes in the other morning and asks me for clean sheets for her bed because she needs to change her sheets. When I ask why she explains that she woke up during the night and she was stuck to her sheets. She didn't think much of it and went back to sleep. When she got up in the morning she looked to see why she had been stuck to the sheets and found that she had rolled over onto a Cadbury's caramel, marshmallow, chocolate Christmas egg. What?! Why is she sleeping with chocolate candies? Help me understand, please, I'm begging.

Then the next day I pick up this cat



and can feel her fur all stuck together on one leg and when I check it out I find she's got chocolate all stuck in her fur. How?! I ask all the kids 'Why does the cat have chocolate all over her leg?' Dax asks if I'm sure it's chocolate (gross!) but yes, I can smell the chocolate. Of course, nobody else has any idea how that could possibly have happened.

Well, I find out the next day that they have discovered that the cat was laying on chocolate on the floor in Abigail's room. The cat was laying on the floor staring lovingly into the mouse's cage (which she does all the time). So why, oh why, is there chocolate on the floor for the cat to even be laying in? Of course I got no answer because there isn't much that makes a group of kids scatter as questions like that. LOL

No comments: