Thursday, May 12, 2011

It's time to come home!

Dax left yesterday morning to do his anual training for the State Guard.


I'm ready for him to come home already!!!


This was waiting for us when we got home yesterday. And I mean waiting. He didn't move at all when we stopped there.


I tried to run over it, but I think it got away. Addison and I couldn't find any trace of it. (I know that's not very politically correct. In my defense, though, I don't go out on our land looking for snakes. But, if they bring themselves to my attention then I treat them all like they're poisonous and send them to meet-their-maker, so to speak.)

Anyway, we also got rain last night for the first time this year. Of course it came in the form of big storms with lots of thunder, lightning, and hail. And not until about 10:00 at night. So, Bodie was freaking out and kept me awake until almost 1:00 this morning.


It's storming now and he's beside himself everytime he hears the thunder.


It's probably also putting the brakes on the Diabetes Walk at the school today. I'm just guessing, here.


I know it's only been over night, but I'm ready for Dax to come home now......

2 comments:

Jen said...

I know what you mean without Daddy it just doesn't seem right. Hope he comes home soon. Hang in there!

Rachel said...

My husband is working over night right now, so he works all night and sleeps all day, and that is bad enough! He has had to be gone for a few days at a time for training, and it can be rough! I always say I don't realize how much I depend on him until he isn't here! Hang in there, momma!
I would have done the same thing with the snake. Yuck!