Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Another whirlwind weekend.....

This weekend was the state tournament for Addison's soccer team.


This time the games were in Houston so we had to pack up and head out of town.


Of course, that means boarding the dogs.


So, all of our trips out of town start off looking something like this......


Jealous aren't you?


It gets a little cramped with 4 kids and 5 dogs, don't you think?


We got the dogs dropped off and headed to Houston. About 1-1/2 hours into the trip we stopped at McDonald's to grab a bite to eat. Abigail had been feeling bad when she got back to school from her field trip earlier in the day. She had been sleeping most of the time we were in the car. While we were standing in line waiting to order she told me that she felt dizzy so she was leaning against me and I had my arms around her. It was a good thing too, because she passed out!!! Dax came and got her out of my arms and carried her to a chair and sat with her. She was running a fever but we had no way of knowing how high. I made her take some motrin and made her eat something. I don't think she had eaten much all day and I really think that's what made her pass out.


Once we left there, we were able to make it the rest of the way to Houston without incident.


Addison had two games on Saturday, with the first one starting at 7:30 am.  I'm certain that the people doing the scheduling must have lost their minds!!! We had to be at the fields at 6:30....... on. a. Saturday!


They lost the first game and won the second game.


The Grandparents all came to the 2nd game and got to see their victory and we all went out to eat after the game. Then, we headed back to the hotel and most of the team hit the pool.


Abigail started running a high fever again on Saturday night (after she had been fine all day) and I had some trouble finally getting it to break. Bless her heart, she certainly didn't get to have much fun on this trip.


Sunday, Addison played again at 7:30 in the morning. (Happy Mother's Day, right?) They tied that game, but it was enough to move them into 2nd place for State.


The girls are all very excited and we're very proud of them!!!


Here's Addison getting her medal.


And here's a great team photo....

Do I have a talent for catching people at their best, or what?


We made it home safely with no fainting spells from Abigail. So far, every night at just about 6:00 she starts running a fever again. It's the only time of the day that she does. It's just weird! So yesterday I called the doctor and she has her on a different antibiotic this time to see if we can get rid of whatever is bothering her once and for all.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Ok so, that first picture made me lol! I thought we were bad...4 kids and 3 dogs. We take our dogs on every family vacation and everyone just stares when we start pulling everyone out. It makes me think of one of those Clown Cars! Haha