Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thankfulness

Is that even a word?


Guess it is now.




To celebrate Thanksgiving this year I put up a paper tree in our entryway.







Each night (in theory it's each night) we each add a new leaf with something we are thankful for.


Here's my first leaf.




In case you can't read it, it says 'I'm thankful to be married to a stud like Dax.'


Now stop laughing.


That's been what I've been thankful for since we got married. Before then I was thankful to be with a stud like Dax.


There's a story behind it.


The firm he worked for way back then did a lot of medical practice management. After Dax had been out to one of the doctor's offices several of the women working there asked their boss to enquire as to his relationship status.


Of course when his boss told him about it, Dax couldn't wait to get home to tell me just how lucky I was to be the one with him.


It was close to Thanksgiving when it happened so since then I've always said that I was so thankful to be with a stud like him. (use sarcastic tone here)

No comments: