Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A little perspective

Yesterday I was stressed and getting more frustrated by the minute.

The kids had an orthodontist appointment. I left the office in plenty of time to pick them up and get there on time.

Then the car died on the way to the house. Dax & I rode together so he couldn't come help me. Not to mention that we just spent a small fortune on this car last month!!

I finally got the car started, but it sputtered all the way home.

By the time we were heading to the orthodontist's office there was no way we were going to be on time.....and of course every car in front of me was going at least 10mph under the speed limit.

I could feel it all starting to bubble up and even though I was telling myself to calm down, I could feel myself getting more and more irritated.

Then we drove past a funeral home. And it reminded me that yesterday a girl from my children's school (I think she was 13 or 14 - she's not a child that I knew) was being buried because she had been killed in a car wreck the week before. (Her mother is in a coma.)

At that moment it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was all upset over these things and the fact that I have no control over them, but Dear God I wasn't having to bury one of my children. I can't even begin to imagine the depths of her father's sorrow and I pray for her family that they can find their way through this.

It certainly made me feel small and put my problems (inconveniences really) into perspective.

No comments: