Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Weekend Getaway - Part 3

Sorry for the delay in getting part 3 posted. I lost misplaced my camera for a few days. Obviously, I've found it again.

Okay, on with the mini vacation.


On Sunday, we decided to go visit the actual fort in Ft. Davis. We had been there a few years before, but the kids wanted to go again.

We looked through the musuem at the front which has a lot of great information and items from when the fort was active.


These are officers' quarters on the fort. They have not yet been restored. It takes a lot of $$ to get the work done and at charging only $3 each for people over 16, they're not getting there very quickly.



The kids had been wanting to go on a hike too, and since there were some trails behind the fort, we decided to hike those.



What in God's name were we thinking?!!


I discovered something about myself.


I prefer to hike where there's a flat surface.....maybe an escolator if it's multi-level. I also like my hikes to have air conditioning, and maybe even a food court, if that's not too much trouble.


I guess it's true what they say. A little time out communing with nature can help you discover yourself.

Abigail did some more rock climbing.



Dax tried to destroy a national park!!


I swear I can't take him anywhere!


We did finally make it to the top, though.

...and it was beautiful.

Once there we took a well deserved break.









Look at me.....I'm on top of the wooooorld......



Okay, maybe, just maybe, we've watched Titanic one too many times.

I was even able to get some shots of the photographer in action.



Once we made it back down the trail (without any rescue efforts I might add) we headed into town to eat at a cute little diner we had seen.



After we ate, we headed back to our room. I'm pretty sure we either collapsed into our beds or had to go watch the kids while they swam in the pool.

Perhaps one is wishful thinking and one is reality?


Seriously, after all of that hiking they still had the energy to go play in the pool!

How is that even possible?

So, there ends the adventure. On Monday morning we loaded up and headed home. Nothing exciting happened on the way home and that's good.

It was a fun getaway for all of us.

No comments: