Saturday, May 1, 2010

Life gets crazy sometimes!

It's been crazy around here the last couple of weeks.

The week after the 15th (that's kind of how we keep track of things this time of year - when they occur in relation to tax day) Kirsten and Wyatt each stayed home sick one day.


Had another busy weekend with soccer. I took Addison to her game on Saturday which was first thing in the morning in Kerrville which is about 1 1/2 hours away from us.


Dax had his field day with the Sherrif's Citizens Academy. They got to watch how the SWAT team operates and then did some shooting in the afternoon.


Then on Sunday he took Addison to her last (thank goodness) soccer game of the season which was in San Antonio. Another 1 1/2 hour drive in the opposite direction. We've covered some territory this soccer season, that's for sure.

It's a relief to have that over with for a few months.


But then on Monday morning (I hadn't even made it to the office yet) I got a call from the school nurse.


Abigail had fallen in p.e. and hit her head and it was going to need some attention.

I'll say!


They didn't stitch it, they used dermabond and that's the 'closed' version. I wish they had just used stitches. She didn't go back to school until Wednesday because she couldn't wash her hair until Tuesday night. I couldn't send her to school with all the blood still caked in her hair.

Because the dermabond holds all the hair away from it, I braided the hair around it to help hold it closed and keep it covered so all the other kids wouldn't be bugging her to look at it. She hates that kind of attention.


Anyway, back to the story.  Dax was still at the house so I called him to go get her and take her to have it taken care of.


While they were cleaning it out, at the clinic, the stress of it all got to Dax and he passed out (which is really weird because I'm the one who does that, not him).


Anyway, when he did, he fell and hit his head on the wall really hard. His knee got hurt, his elbow is all bruised, and he has a mild concusion!!


Really? I thought this stuff only happened in the movies!

It took him two days to feel better after the fall, but then from being on the dirty floor in the clinic he's picked up some kind of bug so he's sick now.


And, to top it all off, Wyatt missed three days of school this week (one of them was the TAKS test) because he's been sick. I think he's had the flu. He's been running a fever and throwing up.


I wish there was something more I could do for him, but I think he's finally starting to feel better. He actually got out of bed yesterday.


All I can say is that I'm looking forward to the start of a new week. I have high hopes that it will prove to be better than the last one for sure.

No comments: