Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

I hope all the moms out there have had a great Mother's Day.


Mine was fabulous.


Dax did his ride out last night with the sheriff's department and got home at about 4:30 this morning. Since the kids knew hew was out all night they were especially quiet when they got up.


I took complete advantage of the situation and sat in bed reading. Woohoo!!!


We took it easy for the rest of the day.


The most active thing we did was go  buy sno cones.


Oh, and Dax made the kids do the dishes. I think he had to threaten them before they actually made any effort at 'looking like' they were doing it. Not many dishes actually made it into the dishwasher.


My little angels gave me this:


Actually, I ordered it and thanked them profusely for the wonderful gift. But, hey, it works for me.


Now the disclaimer: When I saw the ring in a catalog and it wasn't expensive, I wanted it. I ordered it and told the others (more than once) not to get me anything else for Mother's Day. I even went so far as to make a big deal of it when it came in and asked them how they knew what I wanted. The kids all made cards for me and they were wonderful. I felt (feel) very loved and blessed.

No comments: