Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The good, the bad, and the ugly....

The good.

On Saturday we adopted a cat from the shelter. No, I absolutely do not need another cat. So, yes, I must be crazy. He's an older cat and I don't know why I was drawn to him but I had been in there at least three times before Saturday to look at him. I guess he was waiting for me...that's what Dax says anyway.

We've named him Gibbs. He's about 10 years old, very friendly and loving, and weighs about 20 pounds. He's huge!!





The bad.

In the wee hours of Sunday morning I had to have my dog put to sleep. His stomach had twisted and after trying different things to correct the problem, surgery was the only alternative left. Because of his age (13 years old) and severe arthritis in his hips I decided that it was best for him to have him put to sleep. I know it wasn't best for me because I'm heartbroken. He was a good dog and a good sport when the kids messed with him and I miss him terribly.




The ugly.

I don't really know if this qualifies as ugly or not, but it's the best I could do. Mostly, I guess it's a lesson on how not to sit when you're out in public. I was going to say that you shouldn't sit like this in a bikini, or by the pool, but then I realized that I couldn't really think of the time or place in public that it might be appropriate.




Besides, you never know who's got a camera and a blog. Mmmmwwwaaahhhaaahhhhaaaa!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that you had to put your dog down, he was beautiful. And that ugly, is really ugly and really tacky to boot! What was she thinking?!?