Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Costumes

I hope everyone had a great Halloween. We went trick-or-treating on the Square in town. Most of the shops on the square stay open to give candy to the kids. It's a great 'small town' activity and it's one of our favorites. After we left the square we ran home for hot dogs and potato salad and then off for traditional house to house trick-or-treating. They only did that for about 45 minutes (maybe an hour) before they decided they were tired and just wanted to go home. I guess they figured they'd gotten enough candy. lol When they asked if they could eat some of their candy early on I told them that this was the only night of the year that they got to eat candy until they thought they were gonna be sick (if they wanted that much).

Well, here are the costumes:

Addison was a hippie. I couldn't get her to let me take a picture without her making some sort of dorky face. *shaking head*



Wyatt was an alien. His costume looked really good (I just couldn't get a good picture of it) but it was really hard to see out of the mask. There was this pattern over the eye part and it made it tough to see.



Kirsten was Princess Liea. We made her costume because I had trouble finding one. She was pleased with it so that's all that really matters, right?



And Abigail was Cleopatra. I made her costume from an old party dress I bought at Goodwill. She was happy with how hers turned out too. Seeing one of my babies with makeup on is more than I'm ready for (although hopefull she won't want to wear it quite this heavy when she does.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great costumes! Sounds like you all had a lot of fun! I have been so-o crazy I haven't kept up on my blogging rounds.

Val said...

So cute! How do you do it? They are precious!