Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thankful Thursday




Another week gone by with many things to be thankful for.

1. I'm completely grateful that the elections are over!!! None of the people and/or things that I voted for won (must be some sort of voter's curse) but I'm glad it's over just the same.

2. I'm thankful (and thrilled) that the peppermint mocha and gingerbread coffee creamers are back out. I miss them the rest of the year, although this time I've already bought some to freeze. :0)

3. I'm thankful that this time next week Dax & I will be on our way to Virginia to pick up a car that he's been wanting. I'm looking forward to just the two of us for a few days.

4. I'm grateful for the rain this morning. It wasn't a lot but we'll take what we can get. Plus, it's brought the temperature back down a little.

5. I'm thankful for the grades my kids had on their progress reports last Friday. (although, isn't Halloween an awful day to send home progress reports for those kids with bad grades?) Anyway, there were only 2 B's in the whole lot. Makes me proud!

6. I'm thankful that the a/c in the suburban waited until fall to decide to quit cooling. With birthdays and Christmas coming up at least it can be put off for awhile.

7. I'm thankful that my kids enjoy each others company and play well together. Naturally they argue just like other siblings but they do get along and play together really well. It's a blessing!!

How 'bout you? What do you find yourself taking note of this week to be thankful for? Do tell.

1 comment:

sandi said...

Virginia!? You're going to Virginia?! I wanna go! (I was born/raised there but live in AZ now). Smooch it for me while you're there!

I am grateful for:

1. A pantry full of food.
2. A fridge full of insulin for my daughter (not that I'm happy her immune system destroyed her insulin producing cells, but...you know, glad we have a way to keep her alive)
3. New York pizza
4. That the weather is finally cool here in The Valley of the (seemingly unrelenting)Sun
5. Blogging
6. Modern technology
7. Friends and family
8. My 2 year old's chocolate-stained smile
9. A husband who not only puts up with my occasional tantrum, but who genuinely loves me
10. The holiday season

:o)

Have a wonderful day!!