Friday, August 3, 2012

Trouble

Yesterday, while the kids slept, Dax and I got to cause trouble for the police.


Here they are trying to get Dax to leave. They had already wrestled him out from under a picnic table and then they had to get him out of that tree.


I threw water in the face of one of the officers!!!


And in the end we didn't even get in any trouble.


It was fun. Those officers are part of a crowd control task force. They were doing training yesterday at an outdoor music venue and we were some of the volunteers that were there to create problems for them while trying to clear the area. 

Next week there's a group of rookies that will be doing training all week. I'm sure Dax will go volunteer for some of it. They'll be doing things like domestic violence calls, traffic stops, drunk and disorderly (I think you actually have to get drunk for that one), and other scenarios.

When we were telling the kids about it later, they were all disappointed because they would have liked to participate. I'm a little torn on whether or not to let them do it sometime in the future. On the one hand, it would help the deputies. But on the other hand, I'm not sure I want them to practice getting away from the cops and being disruptive in general. Ha!

No comments: