Thursday, August 9, 2012

Good eatin'

Earlier in the summer, the kids were at their grandparents' house. They were at my parents' house but were heading over to spend a couple days with Dax's parents. When Poppey got there to pick them up they hadn't had dinner yet and he told them not too worry because there were ribs cooking for dinner. There was some brief discussion as to whether the ribs were beef or pork.

Fast forward a couple of days.

The kids were back at my parents' house and the conversation got back to the ribs. When my mom asked what kind they were, Abigail said that she thought they were chicken.

As you can probably guess by now, we've had some laughs over that.

Well, when I was at the store they other day I bought some chicken breasts that were still on the bone. 'With ribs' it said on the package.

So a brilliant idea struck me.


On Abigail's plate I cut the breast meat off of the ribs so that she could have chicken ribs.

She didn't eat them!! Although I'm sure she appreciates my humor.

No comments: