Wednesday, October 26, 2011

And on it goes.....

Staying very busy as usual around here. I really need a long nap. lol

On Friday they wouldn't let Addison and Abigail enter the 'twins' contest at school. Go figure. Addison was put-out about it because, after all, they aren't twins. Hahaha!

Wyatt started physical therapy on Friday which left him a little sore for the weekend. He went back for his second appointment yesterday. Unfortunately, they found that one of the ligaments is still a little loose and is letting his kneecap still move around when there is pressure on it (like while he is lifting weights.) They put tape on his leg that is placed to hold the kneecap in place at all times and want it to stay there for at least 5 days to see if the ligament tightens up then. We're all keeping our fingers crossed that things get healed up on their own without any medical intervention.

Saturday was a soccer game. It was a really rough game on poor Addison. She's got a big bruise on her calf from getting kicked by a girl from the other team that was wearing a leg brace similar to Wyatt's. With all of that metal on it, I don't think there's any option other than leaving a mark if you accidentally kick someone. She also got kicked in the thigh, but I don't think that left a mark. Worst of all, though, she took a soccer ball to the face. It definitely left a mark.....


It hit her on the corner of her glasses and knocked them into her eye. It cut her right below her eyebrow and by Monday morning her whole eyelid was puffy and a light purple. I'll give her this, though, she got back up and kept playing. She's a tough little girl when she's out on the soccer field.

Sunday we drove to Houston to celebrate my brother and sister-in-law's 25th wedding anniversary. Congratulations to them.

Of course, since my Mom wanted to take pictures for her Christmas cards with the whole family being together, two of my kids have noticeable injuries. I asked her to include a note with the pictures letting people know that I had not taken up beating my children....

In addition to all of the usual happenings during the week, we've had to include welcoming one of our daughters to 'woman-hood' which I am totally not ready for. Why do they have to keep growing up faster than I'm ready for? Thankfully we run around like crazy people and it's always so busy, because if I had time to think about it, I know it would really bother me. At this point, I just have to accept it (what else can I do, really?), suck up my feelings about losing my baby, and continue on. But it does make me a little sad.....is that weird or normal? I don't know.

We also had a conference yesterday with one of the teachers, the principal, and the counselor. It wasn't very pretty, took over an hour, and was very stressful. I won't even go into the whole story because I could go on and on. Don't get me started!! But, on the bright side, we've already seen some changes today. I hope that it stays this way for the rest of the year. Even if it's small, I'll take what I can get.

I would like to say that I can't wait for he weekend because we'll get a chance to relax, but it's still soccer season. I think they only have two more games to go for the season, but they're currently in second place in their district. That means moving on to play-offs. Sometimes it's really hard to know whether to continue cheering for their success or not. Sometimes we're just ready for it to be over. You know?

No comments: