Thursday, July 28, 2011

Out in Luckenbach Texas

But we didn't see Willie or Waylon and The Boys.


The kids decided that they weren't through having fun with the grandparents so they still haven't come home. And, since that meant that Dax and I had the weekend to ourselves, we decided to do something different.


We headed out to Luckenbach to see what was going on.

There was a band playing (Shurman) so we decided to stick around for a bit.


They had the crowd tapping their feet to the rhythm, but this took me by surprise.


I guess now we've seen the real chicken dance, not just the wedding reception version.


You just never know what you'll see when you go to a town like Luckenbach.


We had fun, but it was H.O.T. hot since everything was outside.


We went out there and came home on different routes. Apparently, we took the long way around to get there because the route home was about half the distance.


Live and learn, I guess.


I think my kiddos are coming home this weekend. But, then again, that's what I thought last weekend too.

At least they're having fun.

No comments: