Saturday, October 2, 2010

Entreprenuer or philanthropist?

This is what our fence looks like, out front along the road.


The kids are trying to collect donations for band. When they're not there, the donations can be left in the football helmet and whoever makes the donation can take a pencil.

I'm very impressed with the effort they have put into this. And, they've actually gotten a little over $20 in donations!!

I think it says a lot about our community that people will actually stop and leave the money, AND that it's still there for the kids to collect.

Of course, I did have to explain that if they collect money by telling people that it was for the Jr. High Band then they couldn't keep any of it for themselves. It all had to go to the band. They weren't thrilled with that at first, but finally understood that anything less would be lying to people that were trying to help.

I think they said that next they want to see if they can get donations for the animal shelter.

So my question, are they entreprenuers for coming up with these money making ideas or are they philanthropists because they give it all away?

I think I'm going to go with they're just great kids.

1 comment:

MaryAnne said...

I say great kids in a great community - double win!