Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Remind me again why we live in the country.

This year we've had a horrible problem with spiders. If something is untouched for more than 24 hours there will be a web on it when next you look. You would think our house had been vacant for years if you looked at the spider webs that are always around. We are constantly wiping them away but, frankly, I think the spiders are winning.


And then, when Addison and I got home from her last game on Sunday, we pulled into the drive only to discover that a young deer (old enough to just be losing it's spots) had gotten stuck between the bars on the gate and died there.


It was awful!!!


I had to wrestle with it to get it out of the gate and then the kids hads to help me carry it off because it was too big to do it by myself. Again, it was awful!!!!


Thank goodness for the cold because I couldn't smell it and the kids said it stunk really bad.


Why does this stuff never happen when Dax is home? I mean, really!!


Makes you want to move to the country, doesn't it?


We also learned this weekend that 'Justin Sucks'. I don't know Justin. I only know that he sucks because some one painted it in hot pink letters on the road to our house. If I ever meet him, I guess I'll know that he's a bad guy. Think about it, if someone that thinks vandalism is okay thinks he's bad, he must really be. Right?


In other news, today is school picture day. I'm not holding out much hope, though. Abigail's eye is still a little puffy and won't quite open all the way. It's also raining so we weren't able to really do anyone's hair. Well, except Wyatt's. Not much to be done with a flat top. I didn't even fill out the order form. I figured that they'll try to sell me on them again when the pictures come in and I'll make a choice then. If not, we'll go have some made elsewhere.


Abigail was supposed to be at school early today to get a make-up test taken. Unfortunately, with all the rain we've had in the last 36 hours the regular route (10 minutes to school) was closed because of high water. Instead we had to circle around the long way which made it 20 minutes to school. She'll be taking the make-up test after school instead. The other three are mad because that means they have to stay late too.


Aaaahhhh, good times, good times!

No comments: