Thursday, July 22, 2010

Birthday Boy

Last Friday (the 16th) was Dax's birthday. I've been lazy and haven't gotten the birthday boy's photos posted.


He had what I hope was a nice and relaxing 40th birthday.


We had our usual Friday morning breakfast with friends. Only this time I wore a shirt advertising his 40th birthday, I made cupcakes to hand out, our friends brought balloons, he had a special '40th' coffee cup to drink from, and the waitresses sang to him. Other than that, it was the same as always.


After breakfast we headed back home and Dax and the cat took a nap.


I had to take a picture because the cat never has anything to do with Dax and now she's sleeping on his butt!!

Later in the evening we had ice cream cake and opened presents.





Okay, I have to confess.  We couldn't find anything to light the candles with so I made him make a wish and fake blow out the candles so I could take the picture.



Here he is with his gift from Abigail. You can't see the gift because I was trying to get in close enough that you couldn't see Wyatt in the background.


It obviously didn't work!!




Here he is with Kirsten. This time I managed to keep Wyatt from showing up in the picture, but still no sign of the gift.


After that my camera battery died so there are no more birthday pictures to show.


It's taken a lot of years to learn to just go with the flow when these things happen, but we can't change them so it's just as well to not get upset about it. Besides, the kids decided that we could just save the candles until next year for his birthday since we didn't light them. I guess he'll be 40 again next year and we'll have another chance, right?



No comments: