Thursday, January 28, 2010

Calgon take me away!!

Especially if Calgon is the name of a large yacht with a crew dedicated to seeing to my every whim.



Wouldn't that be nice?



This has turned out to be another crazy month.



We had to update our computer server at the office. Then it didn't communicate properly with my computer, so that had to be updated. Now it has Windows 7 which doesn't operate properly with our accounting programs. Because of that I have at least one of my programs shut down on me at least 3 times a day. This has made it quite the challenge to get people's books done and W-2's out in a timely manner.


I've been so frustrated with just the computer situation that it's all I can do by the end of the day (usually night) not to burst into tears.

Maybe after this weekend and the end of this month I'll actually have the time to send out the Christmas presents that haven't been sent because Abigail got pnuemonia.


Burned the side of my face this morning with the flat iron. Go me!


And then, to add to everything that already needs to be done, the school called yesterday morning and Dax had to go pick up all three girls because they have lice AGAIN!! Wyatt said there were only 12 kids left in his class yesterday after they finished head checks. That means that at least 1/3 of his class got sent home.


So, I left the office early yesterday (at 6:00 p.m.) so that I could come home and treat the girls hair. I spent hours combing through their hair.


Only for the nurse to call again for me to go get Kirsten because she still had some today. The other two checked out fine this morning (thankfully).


Needless to say, Kirsten got treated again today.


Twice actually.


And then I combed through it again.



If I have to go pick someone up again tomorrow, I think I'll flip out.


Abigail is sick. I think she just has a cold, but with her I'm a nervous wreck. She's also losing her voice. This morning Addison told her that it makes us happy for her (Addison) to lose her voice. Wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that she hardly ever quits talking? And if she's hoarse, she talks even more because she thinks she sounds cool.



On another note, Dax was looking at some of the pictures on Addison's camera tonight and we found this.







See what happens when you're not watching them?


I swear that child had about 100 pictures of herself on that camera.


I guess that's good for her self image though. Isn't it?

1 comment:

Beth said...

Ugh! What a tough time! I have to say that now that I have 3 daughters also, -I am terrified of lice. They are still little and not really around other kids to get it, but once they start school I dread the thought! Sounds like you are handling it as well as anyhone can! Hang in there!
Love the pic of the dog!