Tuesday, May 29, 2012

It's finally over.....

Well, the school year is finally over. I can honestly say that I've never been so happy for a school year to end. Not even when I was in school.

It was a really rough year. Not only with Wyatt's problems with his knees, but there were teacher issues (and with more than one teacher) that we had to deal with that I didn't go into here. I'm afraid it might have earned us a reputation as 'those' parents. You know, the ones that are hard to deal with.

I'm hoping that next year will be better, but the kids will still be on the same campus and, like I said, I think we've earned a reputation.

Anyway, Kirsten received an award in Science which was a nice to surprise for her.


She also received an award for her participation in the Duke University TIP program.


They did a great job this year, even with all the other stuff going on and we're so very proud of them. They really are great kids!

It amazes me how much they grow up in just one school year too.

Here's the first day of school.

And the last.

Where, oh where, have our babies gone?!


Now, on to summer.....

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I don't know the whole story, but there's nothing wrong with being "those" parents if you ask me! If being a good advocate for your kids earns you that label, then I say go for it! Kaden has gotten OT, PT and speech through the school for the last couple of years, and they will start preschool in the fall. Lee says that he can already tell I'm going to be one of "those" parents if I need to be. My response? Why, thank you! LOL! Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do!

Hooray for summer break and way to go Kirsten on the awards!

Quadmama said...

There's nothing wrong with being "those parents," especially if you're having issues with a teacher. Last year we had a not so great teacher. Fortunately, I had a principal who was always willing to listen and work with me. This past year, we had two fantastic teachers.

Deanna said...

I haven't visited your blog in awhile, and wow--I can't believe how grown up your four look now!

Hope you're all enjoying the summer. Maybe next year's teachers will be better...and I agree, there's nothing wrong with being "those parents". You're looking out for your kids' best interests!