Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mother's Day and so forth.....

I hope all the mothers out there had an enjoyable Mother's Day.

We went to dinner the night before to help avoid some of the crowds. It was a lot of fun and the food was good. It's always good when someone else cleans up after me.

On Mother's Day we took Addison to watch some of her friends play for the state championship in soccer. (They came in 2nd place.) Then we went and had doughnuts. Later in the day they also bought me an ice cream cake. Add that to the cupcakes that I had for breakfast and it was a pretty 'sweet' day.

As far as gifts go, Wyatt gave me some scents for my Scentsy. Addison made a pillow for me to use when I read at night. Kirsten made me a necklace and a bracelet. She did a great job on both. And Abigail made a jar with slips of paper in it for reasons that she loves me. I put it on the counter in the bathroom so that I can read one each morning. What a great way to start the day, right?

On Saturday I took Kirsten and Abigail up to the tennis courts to practice. Dax showed up a little later to play a little tennis with them.

Dax was trying to help them learn to return his power serve.

As you can see, Abigail isn't very impressed with his skills.

All in all it was a great weekend. I even got to take a nap on Mother's Day. That's almost a miracle...and I LOVED every minute of it!

No comments: