Thursday, December 16, 2010

Stranger in the night.

Last night the cat was driving me crazy. She had found something to play with and it kept squeaking and it was impossible to sleep.

After trying to get her to stop playing several times I finally just locked her in the laundry room.

Of course she started trying to get out of there and kept clawing under the door which finally woke Dax up at about 2:00 this morning.

He sat up in bed trying to figure out what the noise was and I told him it was just the cat wanting out of the laundry room.

Then.........

Me:  But if the cat's in the laundry room why do I hear something crawling around over here.

Dax: What are you talking about?

Me:  I hear something crawling around over here.

I got up and turned on the bathroom light, so as not to blind us, and went back to investigate.

Me:  Oh my God!!! There's a mouse in here!!!

I run in a panic to the other side of the room.

Dax: (Still laying in bed.) Well, get it.

Me:  I'm not touching it. Oh my God!!! It just crawled into my purse!!!!

Dax: Turn on the light so you can see it.

Me:  I don't want to see it! You get up and get it!

I turn on the light (I have to walk back over to where the beast is to do that.)

Dax:  Is it Ralf?

Me:  I don't know! You come pick it up and see if it bites you. If not then it's probably Ralf.

Dax:  It is Ralf. Go put him back in his cage.

So I search for something to pick him up with because I don't want to touch him (just in case it's not Ralf, you know.)

Anyway, I caught him, put him back in his cage, and gave him some food.

It's a wonder he survived. I feel terrible now that we kept hearing something squeak and had no idea it was him. He appears to be alright and was fast asleep when I checked on him again this morning.

I guess he's as tired as I am after last night's big adventure.

1 comment:

Beth said...

You are so brave!!! I can't believe you went over and picked up and unidentified mouse! You are one tough chick. I've missed you on here. Merry christmas to you and your bunch if I don't "see" you before then. :o)