Monday, August 23, 2010

Sixth Grade!!!!

I still can't believe that our children started 6th grade today!


It just doesn't seem possible.


They were all in a hurry to get to school this morning. When I went to make breakfast (about 15 before time to wake them) they were already dressed and ready to go.


They didn't want me to take a first day of school picture today, but Mom can be pretty mean if she doesn't get her way.


(Did you notice that I referred to myself in the third person so that I could try to distance myself from the 'mean' a little?)


Anyway, here's the picture.


In case you're wondering (grandparents), Wyatt does not have a black eye. Yesterday he and Dax were out doing shooting practice and one of the cartridges got stuck in his safety glasses when it ejected from the gun. That's a burn mark under his eye. He says it doesn't really hurt, but I don't believe him because it hurts me every time I look at it.

 
Okay, back to the subject at hand.


I have a dental appointment very early in the morning (I have to be there by 7:00) so I thought I'd try to get Dax to take a picture tomorrow morning of their second day of school.


I'm feeling pretty sure that they won't be springing out of bed and that Dad won't be doing their hair.

No comments: