Friday, April 17, 2009

It's an Alien Invasion!!

All day today I've noticed these little things falling from the sky. Then, I noticed that after they hit the ground they make their way to each other and form little groups. I saw many of them in and around my driveway. Some were small gatherings



and others were bigger.



I even caught two different groups meeting up with each other.




I don't know who they are or where they're from but I sure hope they're friendly. I've heard people refer to them as 'rain' but I just don't know. The old timers around here say that Rain has been here before, but I sure don't remember. Have you heard of this 'Rain' before?

Seriously, it's been raining here most of the day. Woohoo!! We've been around 18 months with no significant rainfall and when you're on a well, that's about 16 months worth of concern. With today's rain we may be up over 6 inches for this year. That only leaves us about 20 inches behind. But, hey, we'll take what we can get. :0)

No comments: