Thursday, December 18, 2008

Ponies!

I've been trying to get rid of these guys for awhile now. At first I was trying to sell them for what I paid for them. Then for about half of that. Now I'm down to just giving them to a good home. The kids aren't interested in riding or caring for them and they just cost too much money to have around as lawn ornaments. They really need to be in a home where the people know a little about horses - we don't and haven't learned much in the time that we've had them.



Last weekend I thought I had found the right people to take them in but they didn't return my phone calls or emails when I was going to deliver them. And then on Saturday morning Dax went out and found that one of them can't see!! How does that happen?!

I called the vet and he acted like I was crazy because the horse looks perfectly healthy but all of a sudden he's blind. He called me back on Monday to schedule a time to see the horse and I was a nervous wreck. He had been more than a little rude on the phone on Saturday. I felt like a little kid being send to the principal's office (only when I was a little kid, that didn't scare me. lol) I told my mom that I was really nervous that he was going to be mean to me (and although I can get my b*tch on I really don't like to have to resort to that if I don't have to.) Anyway, he came out on Monday and was much more friendly to me after he saw that I'm not (completely) crazy and the horse really does look healthy overall. I swear, if you didn't know how he usually acts you would never know. It appears that he's gotten some sort of infection and/or inflamation behind his eyes. So now I have to go out twice a day and squirt goop in his eyes and antibiotics down his throat -- he's not particularly cooperative as I'm sure you can imagine.

Well, last night I talked to the original lady again. She had had to leave town because there was a death in the family. I explained to her everything that had happened over the weekend and the horse's condition and joy of joy, she still wants them both. Woohoo!! (happy dance goes here) I am thrilled that someone is willing to care and give a home to a pony that may be permanently blind. The vet was talking about putting him down and I just can't do that to him when there's nothing else wrong with him. I hope they have a wonderful and happy new home with these people.

No comments: