Monday, August 24, 2009

5th Graders

It's official.




They're 5th graders.





Wyatt wouldn't do his hair this morning....no matter how many times I 'hinted' at it. You know those hints: 'Aren't you going to do something with your hair?' 'You're not wearing your hair like that are you?' etc. (I'm all about subtlety.)


They're attending the new elementary school this year. We were a little early getting there this morning and it's a good thing because it was a nightmare. They were totally unprepared for the number of parents that would be bringing their kids to school on the first day. Especially since they've added an extra grade for this campus. I hope it will be a little better this afternoon (fingers crossed.)



The kids were excited anyway. They were a little nervous about knowing where to go and all of that but adamantly refused when I offered to walk them in. What? They think they're too old to let their Mommy take them into school? When did that happen?


I did get kisses good-bye, but probably only because the tint on the car is so dark people can't see in.


Along with not needing me to help them in on the first day of school anymore they decided to really rub salt in the wounds this weekend and told me that they don't want to trick-or-treat this year. WHAT??! They've got to move a little more slowly on this growing up thing. I can't take it all at once...they're killing me. Can't someone make it stop?

No comments: