Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Update time!

I know. I know. Once again it's long overdue. I feel like I have less time now than when the kids were little. How is that even possible? It's crazy!

We celebrated Easter, but I seriously can't believe the Easter Bunny is still stopping at our house. But, hey, it's always good to have our family together.

 

Addison changed jobs and is now working at a preschool. She spent the first month or so being sick from all of the germs the kids bring with them. I'm thinking she likes the old people better.

We welcomed a new nephew, Zane.  It took a couple of months for us to finally be able to go see him. Like I said, Addison was for a long time. I finally made her go to the doctor and it looks like she got there just shy of pneumonia. Well, Dax caught what she had and spent some time being sick himself. Then I had shingles so couldn't be around the baby either. But, finally, we got well and got to meet Zane. It was wonderful!

 

After tax season (grateful that we survived) Dax and I took a few days off and spent a long weekend in San Antonio. This time we stayed right on the Riverwalk and had a wonderful and relaxing time. Every day should be like that.







Abigail has been off at school, training to be a flight attendant. She was sick when we dropped her at the airport and for her first week or two of training (see Addison was sick and sharing above). But, she managed to make it through and has done really well. She will be graduating as Valedictorian of her class. We are so proud of her. 

She will be based out of Houston so will be crashing at her grandparents' houses. I think she'll bounce back and forth between the two sets of grandparents so that she doesn't wear out her welcome.

Wyatt finished his first year of college. Since he's thinking law school, he'll be spending some time this summer interning for an attorney here in town. He's pretty excited about that.

Kirsten is still working with graphic designs. She has a number of items for sale in her online shop at The Messy Bun. Go check out her stuff. I have a couple of clothing items and get lots of compliments on them.

We can't figure out why none of them want to go into accounting. I'm sure it has nothing to do with their Dad sleeping at the office during tax season.....

So, I think that gets us caught up on the big things. I'm sure I've left out a whole host of little things, but they always come to me later.

3 comments:

The Host Meerut said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Host Meerut said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
عبده العمراوى said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.