Sunday, December 14, 2014

Thanksgiving

Wow! I never got around to posting about Thanksgiving.  Dax and I leave the day after and are gone for 10 days getting in a big chunk of continuing education hours. As you can imagine, it's crazy at the office when we get back. And this time of the year is always full of activities anyway.

So, we were short a few people this year for Thanksgiving. Dax's parents had an emergency come up in the extended family so couldn't be here with us. Their absence was definitely noticed. Thankfully things there are better now.

Kirsten and Grandma made these cute little turkeys.


I didn't manage to get it in the picture, but ine if those little turkeys has his head on upside down. Poor thing.....then we ate him.

After she did such a good job on the turkey's, we put Kirsten in charge of hors de vours.


She's really just slicing Little Debbie snacks. I guess we'll give her an 'E' for effort. 

I did make these crackers this year. I like to try something new each year.


They taste delicious and are super easy to make. It's a Ritz cracker wrapped in bacon with a little brown sugar on top. Then you put them in a 250 degree oven and bake them for (here's the kicker) 2 HOURS. But, trust me, they're worth it!!

All in all, we enjoyed ourselves. We ate too much, but the food and the company were good.



No comments: