Monday, March 4, 2013

Oh, the madness!!!

OH. MY. GOSH. I started this post a week ago and haven't had the chance to get back to it in order to finish. So, I guess here goes.....a week or so crammed into one post.


We've been going over everything and filling out schedules for next year.


Next year. When they'll be in HIGH SCHOOL!!!!


I can't believe it's already time for this.


I also can't believe how complicated it is. There are options for following on a career path through high school which involves certain classes. There are three different options for curriculum, basic, recommended, and distinguished. There are regular classes, classes that can count as college credit if the test is passed, classes taught on campus by a college professor, and options for correspondence courses that count as both high school and college credit. It's more than a little overwhelming.

On Tuesday night (this was two weeks ago) Rocky (Abigail's dog) jumped the fence as usual, but this time he managed to gash his leg wide open. Of course he did this after office hours so I had to take him to the emergency vet. After several hours they got him all stitched up and awake enough that he could walk to the car and Abigail and I could get him in.

While I was gone doing that, Dax was at a meeting at the Sheriff's Office so had his phone silenced and didn't get my message until some time later. Then, Addison texted me because she wasn't feeling well. She was running a fever and had a sore throat. Of course! These kids are seldom home in the evening by themselves, so of course I wished one of us was home this time.

We did get everything taken care of for Addison and for the dog and both are doing fine.

Then on Wednesday night they had orientation for high school. We went to it, but did leave early so that we could get home and finish dinner and because it had been kind of a long night the night before. Besides, we had already been at orientation for 3 hours when we finally left. I really felt like I had put in my time. lol

Thursdays are always long days with Kirsten and Abigail doing their tutoring in the mornings before school and Addison's Kumon after school.

On Saturday, Addison and I set off on a quest to find white go-go boots for her pageant on Sunday. We didn't find the boots, but I did manage to get lost. But, in the process discovered a whole little area by the lake that I didn't even know was there.

We made do without the boots, and Addison competed in a pageant on Sunday. She won grand supreme. She won a huge crown, a sash, a trophy, and some cash. She was thrilled to say the least.

Okay, I think that gets things caught up.....at least a little.

No comments: